Below is a list of current AAMEG members. Please click on their bio’s to find out more about the company.
- African Geopolitics (AGP) is a Perth based, socio-political advisory group focused on optimising effective business relationships between African governments and foreign companies/investors involved in natural resources and related industries.
It consists of independent advisers to enterprises interested in working on the African continent and also to African governments keen to attract investment and commercial activity.
The group’s independent advisers and analysts are well respected resource industry, business and diplomatic professionals who understand the intricacies of the economic social and political landscape of African nations. The have extensive experience (including in-country) in resources, social studies, diplomacy and human rights.
For businesses, AGP provides focused intelligence to enable foreign organisations to understand the specific economic, social and political environments of the African country in which they wish to operate. AGP also provides expert advice from board level to hands-on ground-level throughout all stages of a project from formation, implementation, monitoring and fine-tuning to project completion.
For governments, AGP promotes business opportunities within a country to international companies and investors and assists governments with company/investor interactions from country entry to project decommissioning.
AGP also provides regular updates and publications on topical socio-political issues in Africa.
- We at Allied Pumps are Water Solution Specialists. In the Australian and African's Markets, Allied Pumps is being recognised as innovative and competitive due to our extensive range of ‘plug and play’ products along with our and fully integrated services.
Our mining and mining services customers are supported by our extensive field knowledge, advice, supply and service that adds real value to our mining and mining services customers and their operations. This includes effective and efficient solutions for large-scale water infrastructure and irrigation in Iron Ore, Oil & Gas, Port Facilities, precious metals/minerals and large-scale agriculture.
As part of our full service capabilities we can co-create and manufacture bespoke products, provide design and engineering consultation through to on-site commissioning and in-house witness testing. With our significant capability, experience and an extensive inventory of parts and systems, Allied Pumps is the preferred provider of pumping and treatment systems to the mining sector.
Our ranges of products include but are not limited to:
• Camp supply pumps (bore hole and pressure boosting)
• Diesel driven dewatering
• Dust suppression
• Heavy duty slurry transfer
• Camp water treatment, infrastructure and irrigation
• Water transfer pumps
• Submersible Pumping Stations
• Pressure Systems & Water Supply
• Fire Protection Systems
• Industrial Pumps
• Liquid Storage Solutions
• Clear Water Treatment & Reuse System
• Industrial Waste & Oily Water Treatment
• Sewage & Grey Water Treatment
• Stormwater Treatment
We’ve been contributing effective solutions for our customers in the mining sector for decades as experts in the design, manufacture and supply of pumping and treatment systems for the full cross-section of mining activities, locally and internationally.
As part of our full service capabilities we can co-create design and manufacture bespoke products, provide design and engineering consultation as well as through to on-site commissioning and in-house witness testing. With our significant capability, experience and an extensive inventory of parts and systems, Allied Pumps is the preferred provider of pumping and treatment systems to the mining sector.
- AMEC has developed some of the most challenging mining projects in the world from concept to closure. Our success is based on a customer-focused approach delivered by professionals from its centers of mining expertise in South Africa, Australia, Canada, USA, Peru, Chile and the UK.
AMEC provides a full range of services for mining and metals projects, from front end geology and environmental consulting through to feasibility studies, detailed design, project delivery, asset support and mine closure.
With an established office in Johannesburg, AMEC has gained considerable experience in Africa, having carried out study and project work across a significant part of the continent. As a result, the company has a reputation for a sound understanding of critical project execution issues such as transport, logistics and the political and regulatory frameworks that exist across Africa. Through the use of in-country suppliers, AMEC not only contributes to the local economy in which it is operating, but can also rely on sound in-country knowledge when it comes to the potential logistical challenges faced in the region.
AMEC has executed or is currently executing contracts in Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, Zambia, Namibia and South Africa. Numerous studies have also been conducted for projects in Central African Republic, Gabon, Botswana, South Africa and Namibia among others.
We recently executed an EPCM contract on the Sappi Go Cell project in South Africa. In conjunction with the client Sappi, a local community upliftment training program was established to up skill people of surrounding communities. Over 550 local people were trained in various construction–related skills and over 320 of these were employed to work on the construction project. The training program was very successful and received two awards in the prestigious BHP Billiton Achiever Awards competition.
As part of the Husab Project joint Venture, AMEC is currently executing the EPCM contract for the Husab Uranium Project in Namibia. The project has created significant employment opportunities for local Namibian communities.
AMEC provides a full range of services for mining and metals projects, from front end geology and environmental consulting through to feasibility studies, detailed design, project delivery, asset support and mine closure.
With an established office in Johannesburg, AMEC has gained considerable experience in Africa, having carried out study and project work across a significant part of the continent. As a result, the company has a reputation for a sound understanding of critical project execution issues such as transport, logistics and the political and regulatory frameworks that exist across Africa. Through the use of in-country suppliers, AMEC not only contributes to the local economy in which it is operating, but can also rely on sound in-country knowledge when it comes to the potential logistical challenges faced in the region.
The office has executed or is currently executing contracts in Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, Zambia, Namibia and South Africa. Numerous studies have also been conducted for projects in Central African Republic, Gabon, Botswana, South Africa and Namibia among others.
AMEC is currently executing an EPCM contract on the Sappi Go Cell project in South Africa. In conjunction with the client Sappi, a local community upliftment training program has been established to up skill people of surrounding communities. Over 550 local people have already been trained in various construction–related skills and over 320 of these have been employed to work on the construction project. The training program has been so successful it has already won two awards in the prestigious BHP Billiton Achiever Awards competition.
- Founded by Arthur J. Gallagher in Chicago in 1927, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co has grown to become one of the largest insurance brokerage and risk management companies in the world. With significant reach internationally, the group employs over 22,000 people and its global network provides services in more than 150 countries.
Our expertise and delivery of risk and insurance solutions has enabled us to achieve the position as the pre-eminent broker for mining projects in Africa. The mining team has established capability from offices in London, Singapore, Perth and Brisbane to access global specialist mining insurance markets for many African clients. Our team can offer innovative solutions for even the most unusual risks with Cover ranging from open-pit or underground mining, processing plants and associated equipment, business interruption, construction and/or refurbishment of property, cargo risks, personal accident and even kidnap and ransom.
Our Management Liability team provide specialist products such as Directors & Officers Liability, Crime, Prospectus Liability (for capital raising), Employment Practice Liability and Transactional Liability which ensure we deliver a comprehensive service to the mining industry.
Our Structured Credit and Political Risks division comprises an established group of highly experienced market practitioners based in New York, London, Singapore, Stockholm, Perth and Sydney. Our scope of services include Comprehensive Political Risks Insurance programmes for Lenders and/or Hedge Providers, Political Risks, War and Political Violence Insurance for project sponsor’s equity and assets, Commercial Market and/or ECA and/or Multilateral Institutions solutions, Mining Disruption Insurance (‘MDI’), Political Risks Insurance for Mining Development Costs and Contractor’s Asset Protection (‘CAP’).
- ASX: ASL
Ausdrill is a diversified mining and energy services Group of companies.
Since its formation in Kalgoorlie in 1987, Ausdrill has grown significantly and now has operations across Australia, Africa and the United Kingdom.
Ausdrill is a leader in providing services in contract mining, grade control, drill & blast, exploration, mineral analysis, procurement & logistics and manufacturing.
We strive to contribute positively to the regions and communities in which we operate. We believe in developing partnerships with our host communities to provide sustainable solutions that improve infrastructure and reduce poverty. We are a valued corporate citizen, balancing our social and corporate responsibilities to effectively engage with and respond to community concerns.
We consider the effective management of Safety, Training and the Environment to be an integral part of our business. Our Company Management Plan provides an overview of strategies to be used to demonstrate and fulfil our commitment to manage all Safety, Training and Environmental issues throughout our worldwide operations.
The Ausdrill Group employs over 4,500 staff worldwide.
- Azumah Resources is a Perth-based, ASX-listed (ASX:AZM) exploration company focusing on a new and highly prospective gold province in the Upper West Region of Ghana, West Africa.
• Its focus is to develop the Wa Gold Project and continue to expand resources and reserves.
• Licences cover 2,400km2 and encompass >150km strike of prospective Birimian terrain
• Three flagship deposits: Kunche, Bepkong, Julie and Julie West
• JORC Mineral Resource of 2.0Moz of gold grading 1.5g/t Au (1.3Moz Measured and Indicated)
• Feasibility Study completed in February 2015. Open pit mining inventory of over 650,000oz including a JORC Ore Reserve of 624,000oz Au (9.1Mt at 2.14g/t Au). Study based on +1.2Mtpa plant producing ~90,000oz Au per year over 7-year mine life.
• Grid power, high quality roads, access to water, sealed airstrip at Wa.
• Mining Leases granted, environmental permitting underway.
• Strong community and gov. support.
• 16.5% strategic investment in neighbour, Castle Minerals Ltd (ASX:CDT) (~10,000km2 under licence).
• Drilling programme commenced.
- ASX: BMNnTSX: BANnNSX: BMNnnBannerman Resources Limited is a uranium development company headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, with its principal asset being the 80%-owned Etango Uranium Project located in Namibia, southern Africa. Bannerman’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Social policies are central to the way Bannerman and its personnel do business.nnBannerman’s approach to health and safety includes effective risk management, leadership, integration of the health and safety system into day-to-day operations, acknowledgment of good safety behaviour, and reviews and performance assessments.nnBannerman cares for the environment through leadership, cooperation, participation and consultation. The company integrates its environmental management system into day-to-day operations, seeks to continuously improve its environmental performance, and maintains an open line of communication with stakeholders. Bannerman has a social policy that facilitates enduring and mutually beneficial relationships with its neighbouring communities, including local towns and businesses.nnIn fulfilling our obligations to the people of Namibia, Bannerman’s Board, management and employees strongly believe that actions speak louder than words.nnBannerman’s Early Learner Assistance Scheme has to date paid school fees and donated school uniforms to over 600 primary school students in numerous towns within the Erongo region, and Bannerman has an active bursary programme that currently assists five Namibian employees with their tertiary education.nnRecently, Bannerman received a grant for N$227,500 from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to support the tertiary vocational training and development of seven students from the Erongo region. These students will qualify as electricians, fitters and diesel mechanics.nnBannerman has also pioneered cooperation with the Coastal Tourism Association of Namibia and the Hospitality Association of Namibia.nnBannerman has an outstanding record of drill site and vehicle track rehabilitation, fostering the creation of a new Namibian company, Elga Enviro, which now also services other mining clients in the local region.nnEffective Corporate Social Investment is a function of pro-active and genuine community engagement via initiatives that are both sustainable and empowering. It is a long-term and meaningful partnership with stakeholders.nn Our Project- Support for young Namibians to obtain their trade diplomas and enhance their economic futuren
- Barminco is an international leader in hard rock underground mining. Barminco has its head office in Perth and also an office in Cairo which supports its underground mining contract at the Centamin owned Sukari Gold Mine in Egypt. In addition, Barminco has Diamond Drilling contracts with AngloGold Ashanti in South Africa.
Through its joint venture African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) offices are also established in Ghana and Mali (West Africa) and holds five active projects in the region. The joint venture currently employees close to 1000 staff in West Africa, including approximately 800 local workers.
Barminco and AUMS are committed to world best standards and productivities by utilising modern equipment and implementing the building blocks of African employee development by imparting expertise and experience to the communities in which we work.
In establishing business in Africa Barminco has committed to the transfer of its knowledge and application of proven mining processes across cultural and language barriers to up-skill the local workforce and create a long-term service solution in the region.
Barminco has altered its training programs to make them amenable to the level of local resources and has included aspects such as driving instruction and common hand tool operating techniques as well as providing training in more advanced underground mining techniques.
Barminco is an international leader in safety and our Group Safety Management System is used across all geographical areas.
Barminco has proven the benefits of safe, modern, mechanised mining methods to gold producers in Africa and is proud of its contribution to the growth and development of their workforce in the region.
- Perth-based Base Resources Limited is developing the world-class Kwale Mineral Sands Project in Kenya, East Africa. Kwale is an advanced and highly competitive project in a sector with a significant forecast supply shortfall widely expected to emerge in the medium term.
- Bill Turner, former President and CEO of Anvil Mining Limited, retired in mid-2011 after 16 years with the company. He took Anvil into Africa in 1995 and between 2002 and 2011, oversaw the building of two open pit copper mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo and the development of a culture with a strong focus on corporate social responsibility (“CSR”) issues.
Bill has substantial experience in political and social risk management and a good appreciation for the connections between enlightened approaches to CSR, risk mitigation and developing competitive advantage.
Bill has worked for more than 30 years in developing and emerging countries of SE Asia, the Middle East, the former Soviet Union and latterly Africa.
Bill is a geologist with a B.Sc. (Geology & Mineralogy) from University of Qld, an M.Sc. from James Cook University and an MBA from Monash University.
Bill is one of the founding directors of the Australia-Africa Minerals & Energy Group (“AAMEG”). He was the honorary Chairman of AAMEG for four and a half years up to February 2016. Bill continues as a director of AAMEG.
- Leading Investor Relations firm Cannings Purple Communications offers clients with interests between Africa and Australia a unique blend of seamless global service, combined with first-hand local expertise in both the ASX and JSE Capital Markets.
The growth of Australian companies into the African resources sector, and the growing number of companies with multinational interests across the global mining village, demands a new breed of business consultants with proven on-the-ground expertise across multiple cultures and operating environs. Cannings Purple has significant expertise in the areas of issues, crisis and risk management.
Warrick Hazeldine, Annette Ellis, Andrew Rowell and James Duncan form Cannings Purple’s specialist Africa-Australia team. Together they have decades of expertise in providing high level and personalised investor relations strategies, customised to meet the needs of geographically and culturally diverse client operations. Importantly, as part of the WPP group pf companies, Cannings Purple has in-country advisors throughout Africa.
Cannings Purple has expanded its national and international footprint providing seamless service across the resource sector and opportunities for continued growth for both businesses and clients. The network currently acts for some of the largest companies in Australia and specialises in cross border activities.
Cannings Purple provides Investor and Media Relations support, Government Affairs assistance, Design & Digital services as well as real time crisis communications support to Australia-Africa focused companies.
- LSN: CAPD
Capital Drilling is an emerging and developing markets focused drilling services company that provides exploration, development, grade control, blast hole and energy drilling services to mineral exploration and mining companies. Our operations span 4 continents with activities in Africa, (Eastern) Europe, Asia and Latin America. The Company currently has a fleet of over 90 drilling rigs and operates one of the youngest fleets in the industry.
Since inception in 2004, the Company has developed an enviable reputation for its ability to deliver safe, professional and reliable drilling services in remote locations and developing market countries. This ability has allowed the Company to attract and retain some of the world’s largest mining and exploration companies as major long term clients.
The Company began operations in the Lake Victoria goldfields region of Tanzania and has since expanded and operated in Zambia, Egypt, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan, Armenia, Serbia, Papua New Guinea, Mozambique, Hungary, Eritrea, Chile, The Solomon Islands, Mauritania and most recently Ethiopia. Over this time the workforce has expanded to more than 800 full time employees.
The team at Capital Drilling provides decades of combined experience operating in emerging markets and strives to deliver the highest standards in safety, performance and quality. We pride ourselves on delivering “developed market standards for emerging market operations”.
- Clayton Utz is a top tier law firm with a difference.
We take a fresh, pragmatic, commercial approach to legal practice that focuses on getting the best results for our diverse and blue-chip client base.
By understanding their business and the environment in which our clients operate, we are able to match our people and their skills to ensure our clients receive the best advice possible, wherever they do business.
Our ability to bring together teams of lawyers with unique and diverse skills has seen us advise on some of the country’s largest and most complex deals and litigation. We have also been called upon to bring our expertise to cutting edge international projects.
Our Project- Clayton Utz Community Involvement
- We are one of the world's pre-eminent law firms with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a single, fully integrated, global partnership, we pride ourselves on our approachable, collegiate and team based way of working.
We always strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, which include corporates from all the commercial and industrial sectors, governments, regulators, trade bodies and not for profit organisations. We provide them with the highest quality advice and legal insight, which combines the Firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Many of the world's leading organisations look to Clifford Chance not just for legal expertise but for advice on business critical issues.
- Crewshield Citadels are modular and have scalable levels of security and endurance. A TURN KEY solution which may be deployed quickly and efficiently worldwide with no specialist set-up. In times of growing uncertainty, a secure refuge should form an essential part of your effective security plan involving the protection of your vulnerable personnel in high-risk locations,
Duty of care for your personnel
Downtime mitigation – less time off task
Cost effective, flexible protection – can be deployed when and where required, and re-located easily, ensuring changing threat levels in different locations can be met.
Crewshield Citadels are discreet and covert – complementing existing protection strategies without drawing attention. With your vulnerable personnel safe and isolated from attackers, organic guard forces can operate efficiently. External rescue teams can resolve the situation effectively, knowing that any potential hostages are protected.
- Dare Contract Services have been in operation since 1988 and is one of the longest serving recruitment agencies in Australasia. With our head office in Perth, WA and offices in New Plymouth, New Zealand and Houston, USA, Dare Contract Services, part of the Adcorp Group since May 2015, continues to proactively offer recruitment solutions to our clients.
Dare Contract Services have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Recruitment of temporary, contract and permanent personnel
• Contractor Management
• Mobilisation services nationally or globally
• Recruitment Solutions including: Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), Master Service Provider (MSP), Vendor Management System (VMS), Recruitment Management System (RMS)
Our experience spans the supply of professionals in the fields of Engineering, Finance, Administration, IT, Legal, HR/IR, QHSE, Procurement and Logistics, Project Services and Controls.
Our mission is to work with our clients to “Achieve Excellence through Honesty and Integrity”
- ASX: DYL
Deep Yellow Limited (DYL) is advanced stage, Namibian-focused uranium exploration company. DYL is ASX-listed with a secondary listing on the Namibian Stock Exchange.
Omahola, the company’s flagship project, is the last remaining independently-held high grade alaskite project in Namibia. The resource has grown rapidly over the last two years and mining and metallurgical studies are about to start for a planned PFS.
DYL also holds the fully-permitted Shiyela Iron Project located less than 40km from Namibia’s coast. The company is seeking a development partner for this project.
DYL is committed to its corporate social responsibility programme in Namibia, which has included:
• Being one of the first companies to implement an empowerment structure in Namibia with a preferred partner, Oponona;
• Funding the Erongo Development Boxing Academy - managed by a DYL employee - which trains up to 100 young aspiring boxers at its facility in Swakopmund;
• Supporting the Bicycle Empowerment Network Africa (BEN Africa);
• Awarding rehabilitation contracts to various Topnaar community organisations to assist the company with its exploration project rehabilitation in that community’s region;
• Supporting Project Shine, an environmental clean-up initiative of the greater Swakopmund area by schools and non-profitable organisations;
• Donating computers to the Namibian Institute of Information and Technology.
- Deloitte’s industry leaders recognise mining in Africa as one of the most dominant markets around the world. Our Australia-Africa Services Group recognise the need for professional services, and are committed to supporting clients from their initial thought, through to the entire lifecycle of their business and eventually an exit strategy should they require.
The Australia-Africa Services Group offers unrivalled depth, breadth and quality of expertise in international mining. With an established network of professionals in every country with significant mining activity, including Africa, we are able to assemble specialist teams from our range of disciplines to best support our clients. We believe that having a comprehensive footprint in Africa is just the beginning; continually updated relevant information ensures the correct business decisions are made, limiting business risks and maximising returns, in the most responsible manner possible.
- Douglas is the principal of boutique law firm, Argyll Law and also consults to national law firm, Mills Oakley. He has extensive international and domestic banking and restructuring experience developed over the past 25 years. He has acted for banks, borrowers and project sponsors on numerous “high-end” corporate, property and mining project financing transactions.
Douglas has particular specialist expertise in limited and non-recourse financings in the resources and commodities sectors. He has worked on and led metals and mining financing transactions in a number of jurisdictions, including Ghana, Tanzania, the DRC, South America, Canada, the Caribbean, UK, Europe, Asia, the South Pacific and Australia, and has built up a deep understanding of the various issues involved when dealing with different legal systems.
Given his broad experience in mining finance, Douglas is able to make use of his network of financier contacts to assist project sponsors with finding finance.
- Genmin Limited (“Genmin” or the “Company”) is an Australian incorporated and domiciled public, unlisted company.
Genmin was established in August 2012 for the purposes of iron ore exploration and development with the objective of building a dominant land position in south-east Gabon, central West Africa.
South-east Gabon was selected as the area of focus given its prospectivity for direct shipping iron ore (“DSO”), it is generally under explored, and its close proximity to the existing and operating Trans-Gabon railway.
Since its formation, Genmin has, through green fields staking and acquisition opportunities, secured operating and controlling interests in five separate iron ore projects covering 4,100km2, with a controlling footprint in the emerging iron ore hub in southeast Gabon.
The Company is currently undertaking reconnaissance and resource definition drilling at its flagship Baniaka project concurrent with metallurgical test work and infrastructure studies, with the objective of completing a scoping study for a starter 2Mtpa DSO mining operation.
The Company’s largest shareholder is private equity group, Tembo Capital Mining Fund, which holds a 36.7% voting interest.
Notwithstanding the current low iron ore spot price and negative sentiment surrounding steel making commodities generally, Genmin subscribes to the medium and long term fundamentals of iron ore and has adopted an expansionist strategy in growing its DSO iron ore portfolio at the current low asset valuations.
For further information contact;
• Joe Ariti, Chairman, +61 8 9200 5812, or
• John Hodder, Non-Executive Director, +61 437 831 298
- Established in 1998, Geodrill is a leading exploration drilling company with a fleet of 42 drill rigs operating in West Africa and the African copper belt. The Company has operations is Ghana, Burkina-Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali and recently added Zambia.
Geodrill provides Reverse Circulation (RC), Diamond Core (Core), Deep Directional (DD), Air-core (AC), Grade control (GC), Geo-Tech and Water Bore drilling services to major, intermediate and junior mining companies and operates the largest most modern fleet of multi-purpose rigs on the African continent.
The Company has built an enviable reputation as being a customer-focused high service drilling contractor. This reputation has been built on the careful selection of Safety and service orientated drilling personnel and the attention to keeping a modern well maintained fleet of drills to the highest Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards.
Geodrill is committed to being socially responsible through its participation and donations to various charitable and community initiatives. The Company places particular emphasis on contributing to positive change in the communities in which it operates. Management believes that this core value embraced by the Geodrill corporate culture benefits the Company, its employees, the communities in which it operates and the environment as a whole.
- Gilbert + Tobin is one of Australia’s leading corporate law firms and is set apart by its high-quality people and entrepreneurial and hard-working culture. The firm is young, egalitarian and committed to making a contribution to the community. Established in 1988, Gilbert + Tobin has over 65 partners, employs more than 450 lawyers and professionals and has offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
In July 2011, Blakiston & Crabb, a highly-respected Perth based resources law firm, formally integrated with Gilbert + Tobin. This integration has further strengthened Gilbert + Tobin’s expertise in the energy and resources sector.
Gilbert + Tobin has experience in providing advice to Australian clients operating in foreign jurisdictions, with particular expertise in Africa. Our clients benefit from our in-country knowledge of local conditions, legal requirements and established government contacts. The energy and resources practice leader, Michael Blakiston has over 20 years experience practising in 39 different African countries. Gilbert + Tobin has had specific experience in developing social development programs with several African Governments.
Pro bono services are also a vital part of what we do and who we are. It has been a feature of our practice since the firm’s beginnings in 1988. In 1996, we became the first law firm in Australia to appoint a full time in-house pro bono lawyer and in 2008 the firm appointed its first partner responsible for pro bono, Michelle Hannon. All of our lawyers have the opportunity, and are encouraged, to conduct pro bono legal work.
- Graphex Mining Limited is an Australian exploration and development company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange under ASX code GPX. Graphex is focused on advancing the world class Chilalo Graphite Project, located in south-east Tanzania. Chilalo is host to a high-grade mineral resource (with an Ore Reserve) and has demonstrated an ability to produce a premium graphite concentrate with a substantial portion of large and jumbo flake material. Chilalo graphite possesses outstanding expandability characteristics, making it ideally suited to the rapidly growing expandable graphite market.
A feasibility study completed in November 2015 confirmed that the Chilalo project is technically sound with high margins, low capital intensity and attractive returns.
Graphex has an experienced board and management team with demonstrated results, has important strategic relationships in place and has achieved significant progress in advancing the Chilalo Project.
Graphex is committed to ensuring that the local communities will benefit from development of the Chilalo Project and that local communities are fully engaged in the project development process. The Company’s targeted areas of involvement include health and education with the objective of delivering lasting benefits to the local communities.
- Hawcroft undertakes insurance risk surveys, construction risk reviews and specialty assessments for a wide variety of mining, processing, materials handling, port and rail operations, worldwide.
- Herbert Smith Freehills are leaders in a number of industry sectors, including energy and natural resources. In Africa, we have built an impressive track record over the past three decades advising mining companies, lenders and other stakeholders on all aspects of law in the sector, across the whole of the African continent.
In Africa, we have built an impressive track record over the past three decades advising mining companies, lenders and other stakeholders on all aspects of law in the sector, across the whole of the African continent.
Our Africa practice group includes a multidisciplinary team of mining law experts drawn from across our international network, with one of the largest teams of common and civil law lawyers dedicated almost exclusively to Africa work.
We can also leverage the extensive and broad mining law experience of our Australian offices to benefit our clients further in their African mining pursuits.
Our team advises on all key issues affecting Africa's mining industry and across every stage of the mining project life cycle. In addition to our traditional core areas of expertise, we also advise in more specialist areas such as local content requirements, resettlement and compensation, social issues, environmental matters and compliance with international standards, all of which are becoming increasingly relevant in the context of greenfield project implementation.
Our approach to corporate responsibility is increasingly focused on support for initiatives in emerging markets, particularly around legal skills capacity building, support for nascent industry sectors and helping to improve the investment climate for business and economic growth. Key initiatives include:
• Free legal assistance facility to the Government of Sierra Leone, providing support to agencies involved in stimulating inward investment into the country;
• International Lawyers for Africa, which provides three months of high-quality work experience in leading international firms for African lawyers; and
• Support for Advocates for International Development (A4ID), a UK based NGO that secures pro bono advice on behalf of international development charities operating in Africa.
- Indiana Resources Limited (ASX: IDA) is an Australian minerals exploration company that holds a tenement package in south-east Tanzania. This is a strategically significant land package, providing an outstanding exploration opportunity in a relatively unexplored region of the highly prospective Mozambique belt and includes the Kishugu and Naujombo Gold Targets, the Ntaka Hill Nickel Project and other precious and base metals exploration prospects.
Indiana has an experienced board and management team with specific skills in African based project development, exploration, mining and processing. The Company has a well-established presence in Tanzania through its long history of exploration at Nachingwea.
- iNHEMACO operates globally, but is the corporate and expatriate medical expert on African turf. Our African adaptability, teamed with Swiss professionalism, make us the first choice for assistance with international deployments in foreign territory.
Experience – iNHEMACO’s doctor-driven support team has a combined pool of 90 years’ medical experience gained internationally, but honed in Africa. This in-depth knowledge and practical experience equipped us to branch out into managed remote site medical services almost 13 years ago. Our positive interpretation of this calling has earned us the current broad client base and respect in our industry.
Established infra-structure – iNHEMACO provides a European central point of contact, but capitalises on strategic partnerships with Worldwide Travel Medical Consultants and The Travel Doctor Group for corporate pre-travel medical services.
Bespoke Product – iNHEMACO provides business-to-business health risk management results, tailored to the unique needs of each individual client. Your expatriate community benefits from our international familiarity, cultural sensitivity and patient centric dedication.
Pro-active management – All expatriate and organizational medical services benefit from remote supervision by a devoted medically-qualified support team, contactable 24/7/365. We serve with integrity, earning trust and respect globally.
Governance – All medical staff render services to a set medical protocol as detailed in our Remote Medical Services Protocol. In principle, we strive for excellence in everything we do. Respect for life is the central theme that guides decision-making in all spheres of business.
Peace of mind – In keeping with our adherence to sound corporate governance, iNHEMACO has procured Willis brokered Medical Malpractice and Public Liability insurance policies, each to the value of US $5 000 000. However, our strict adherence to medical policies, continued monitoring and commitment to systems improvement, have proven these policies claim-free to date. $ 5 Mil
- International SOS is a worldwide medical and security risk management company. The organisation has more than 25 years experience in servicing the Extractive Industry in Africa.
We provide our clients with quality healthcare services by way of site clinics, mine hospitals, occupational health and public health programs, air ambulance services and clinics in major African cities, to look after workforce needs.
Our public health programs involve host communities where we assist companies to tackle major health problems like malaria, TB and HIV/AIDS. We help companies realise their commitment to CSR by helping them create sustainable, effective health programs benefitting both their workforce and local communities. We advocate performing HIA (Health Impact Assessments) and Baseline Health studies early on in project planning to establish cost effective and sustainable community health action plans.
International SOS proudly assisted two mining companies in receiving global recognition for their work in malaria control in the recent Global Business Coalition for Health awards.
We have worked with ICMM and WHO to define HIA best practice and our Malaria/TB and HIV management guidelines are designed alongside national government initiatives to foster capacity building.
Development of local expertise in the delivery of health management is the cornerstone of our approach.
- ITC Global provides voice and data wide-area networking services to some of the largest and most well-known corporations and organisations around the globe, with a particular focus on Africa. Our expertise spans a range of industries including mining, maritime, government, enterprise, defense, NGOs, oil and gas, and humanitarian and aid agencies.
With offices in key African locations such as Guinea, Ghana and Tanzania, ITC Global continues to develop a growing network of staff who are able install and support satellite communications terminals throughout Africa. ITC Global can provide VSAT system which not only provide internet and voice services, but effectively extend corporate WANs out to the remotest locations.
With nearly 20 years of experience working in the African region, ITC Global has the expertise to manage complete projects from start to finish. We handle the challenge of bringing together IT systems and technologies into one integrated solution, merging disparate networks onto a single, efficient platform. We do this according to in-country best practice using local African staff who have been trained by ITC to achieve ICVI status. (ITC Global Certified VSAT Installer)
- ASX: KNLnnKibaran Resources Limited (Kibaran) is and ASX-listed resource company focused on fast-tracking graphite development in Tanzania with the objective of becoming a major producer of premium quality, large flake graphite and establishing itself as a long-term stable supplier of graphite to the existing and emerging graphite markets.With a strong portfolio of graphite projects, our primary focus is to develop the Epanko Deposit, within the Epanko Graphite Project. The Merelani-Arusha Graphite Project reinforces our objective, and is highly prospective for the occurrence of commercial viable graphite. The project has the potential to be a second graphite producing region for the Company.nnThe Company has an experienced team with proven results, strategic partnerships in place and has already achieved significant milestones to date towards fast-tracking the development of the Epanko Graphite Project.Kibaran is committed to ensuring that all stakeholders including the local community and disadvantaged will benefit from the development of the Epanko Graphite Project. In developing a strong Corporate Social Investment Plan, we will ensure the local communities have full involvement and ownership of all projects that we partner in. Our considered areas of involvement include health, education and agricultural projects ensuring genuine and lasting benefits for the local community.
- KIMATHI & PARTNERS is unquestionably one of the best business law firms in Ghana and a crucible for
gifted young lawyers. The firm is ranked as a tier 1 law firm by Legal 500 in Energy, Litigation,
Infrastructure, Banking, Finance, M&A, Commercial and Corporate making it one of the top 3 law firms in
Ghana. We have been ranked as the “most responsive law firm” in Ghana and provide “peerless service”
with the “highest professional and ethical standards”. Law firm ranking companies testify to our
“excellent turnaround and availability”, “commercial awareness”, “responsiveness”, “quality of service”
and “value for money”.
KIMATHI & PARTNERS is a specialist firm and is the firm of choice for global multinationals, foreign
governments and Fortune 500 Companies doing business in Ghana. We are usually successful in handling
our clients’ most challenging legal issues, most significant business transactions and most critical disputes.
We have also worked with or have been instructed by some of the leading law firms in the world.
Legal 500 attests that our team of lawyers are highly talented, reliable, experienced, sharp and straight
- Knight Piésold is an international company of consulting engineers, scientists and technicians, providing specialised engineering and environmental services to the mining, power, environment, water resources, transportation and construction sectors. Our offices are located in Australia, Africa, Asia, and North and South America.
Knight Piésold is committed to sustainable responsible business practices and whilst tightly integrated with the global network, each Knight Piésold office is run by local management, provides local employment and training and contributes positively to the local community through outreach and charity initiatives. This equips our team with the local knowledge and the global expertise to support the successful completion of each project, and ensures that the communities in which we work directly benefit through gaining additional knowledge, skills and funding.
Knight Piésold is currently providing consulting services to numerous projects in Africa, including Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia, Cote D’Ivoire, Mozambique, South Africa, Mali, Burkina Faso, Eritrea, the Democratic Republic of Cameroon and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- KordaMentha is an advisory and investment firm that provides Restructuring, Turnaround, Real Estate and Forensic support for companies and their stakeholders.
KordaMentha was established in 2002 shortly after we were appointed as administrators over Ansett, the largest voluntary administration in Australian History. Since then, we have grown from a heritage in insolvency to become one of Australia’s foremost multidisciplinary advisory and investment firms with prominent forensic, real estate, corporate turnaround and restructuring practices.
Our Forensic group is one of the largest Forensic practices in the region. Our team of forensics specialists have acted in many of the largest and most complex litigation, investigation, fraud and e-discovery assignments for lawyers, corporations and government.
We also have more than 30 tertiary qualified real estate professionals providing real estate advice - no other advisory firm has anywhere near the depth of expertise in this area.
Since 2002 our highly regarded Restructuring group has been entrusted with some of Australia’s most high profile corporate recovery projects including Griffin Energy, Timbercorp group, Cross City Tunnel and Gunns.
We also provide a range of corporate advisory and management services under the 333 banner.
Recently, the firm has also established a strategic real estate investment management platform, applying the commercial acumen and specialist skills of our real estate and financial experts to deliver value to individual investors.
Our reach is global with offices in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, and a co-operation with Alix Partners in the USA, UK, Europe and Asia.
- Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 40 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations, and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services. Headquartered in New York with more than 50 offices across nearly 30 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary team of over 2,000 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies, and individuals.
Phone: 0418 126 567
- ockton Australia provides the full suite of insurance broking and risk advice to our clients. We believe the difference in the result lies in the way we approach understanding our clients' business and tailoring the insurance solution to specific needs. It's all in the delivery!
Our services include:
Alternative risk transfer
Corporate insurance broking
Injury management services
Insurance program audits/due diligence
Mergers & acquisitions due diligence
Risk management services
Ultimately, the combination of all of these services translates to defining the optimal risk transfer strategy for your business and enables informed risk financing decisions for insurable and uninsurable risks. We like to consider the protection of all facets of what makes your business successful - people, assets and revenue - from the key assets in your business and critical supply chain factors to contractual liabilities and financial obligations through to the key people in your business and corporate growth strategies, we ensure, through structured engagement, that the program created reflects your business today and tomorrow.
- Lycopodium is an Australian headquartered engineering and project management (EPCM) consultancy which provides a complete range of services for the evaluation, development, implementation and optimisation of projects across a broad range of industries. Lycopodium’s business model is based on providing superior quality services to clients by delivering studies, engineering, projects and maintenance advice that are fit for purpose and that exceed established acceptance criteria.
Lycopodium is committed to its core value of leaving a positive legacy within the community.
Since Lycopodium’s first successful gold project in Ghana in 1995, it has gone on to complete projects in Africa including remote regions of Ghana, Tanzania, Senegal, Mauritania, Burkina Faso and the DRC. Currently Lycopodium is active in 11 different countries on the continent. Work is undertaken with clients to ensure that assessment, design and implementation of projects integrate social criteria with the traditional drivers of economic and environmental impact. Integral to this approach is an absolute focus on health, safety, environment and community. Lycopodium has an intimate understanding of key environmental and community relations issues drawn from the learning and honing process that can only be gained from hands-on project development experience.
During the course of completing projects in Ghana, Lycopodium became aware of an NGO called B.A.S.I.C.S. working in Chorkor, Labadi, Dome and Achimota, which are indigenous communities located in Accra.
Lycopodium contributed to the purchase of the land and provided personnel to manage the construction of the building. Lycopodium personnel also donated computers, vocational training tools and school supplies to be used in the building. Some photographs and more information can be found here.
- McGrathNicol is a market leader in Australia and New Zealand specialising in Corporate Advisory, Transaction Services, Corporate Recovery and Forensic.
We understand the importance of responsibility for Australian and Australian-based mining companies in Africa. Our Forensic team has considerable experience in advising clients on bribery and corruption matters, whether they be proactive reviews or reactive investigations. This experience includes advising on operations located in high risk jurisdictions, such as the Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Mauritania, Tanzenia, Libya and other parts of Africa.
Our national team consists of professionals with diverse backgrounds (including personnel able to speak French) and skills that can assist our clients in assessing the risks of cross-border operations. At McGrathNicol, we provide effective and commercially driven risk and assurance solutions that help businesses make the right decisions and ensure their business is sustainable.
- ASX: MDInnMiddle Island Resources Limited is a West African focussed gold exploration company which listed in December 2010. The Company’s projects comprise the Reo Project in Burkina Faso, the Nuon River Project in Liberia, and the Nassilé and Dogona projects in the Republic of Niger, collectively comprising an area of 5,532 km2 of highly prospective Birimian greenstone terrains.nnMiddle Island Resources has a stated policy commitment to contribute 5% of its exploration budget each year to social development initiatives within the communities in which it operates. Social development programmes are implemented from the outset of exploration in order to establish the Company’s credentials and build a sound working relationship with local communities.nnIn Burkina Faso, Middle Island Resources completed its first social development project in October 2011, comprising a potable water reticulation system at Pouni village within the Reo Project (approximately 1,000 residents); this project was officially inaugurated by the Burkina Faso Minister for Mines, Quarries and Energy. Middle Island’s next project in the country will be a collaboration with the Australian Government and Eau Vive to improve access to water and irrigation systems in the Dassa region, to establish a producer cooperative and train farmers in improved agricultural techniques, benefiting some 14,000 people in the region.nnIn Niger, Middle Island has again partnered with the Australian Government and Eau Vive to build a three classroom primary school, latrine block and water bore at the Nassilé Project. The DAP funding from the Australian Government will be used to furnish and equip the school.
- Murdoch University is a leading Australian research organisation, with its projects increasingly finding their way onto the world stage. It is committed to innovation and high quality higher education that can be applied on a global level.
Members of Murdoch University’s trans-disciplinary Africa Research Group have been focused on African research questions in some cases for more than three decades. All members have strong ties with African-based researchers and collaborate with African industry, academic institutions, government agencies and NGO’s. They have, in total, published over 200 peer reviewed papers, chapters and books with a distinctive African focus, and receive research funding from AusAID, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, the Australian Research Council, the Gates Foundation, and UNICEF. The Group hosts a number of research forums, most notably the African Australian Research Forum, associated with the annual Africa Down Under.
- Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, Mustang Resources Limited (ASX:MUS) is an emerging gemstone developer and producer focused on the near-term development of the highly prospective Montepuez Ruby Project in northern Mozambique.
The Montepuez Ruby Project consists of four licenses covering 19,500 hectares directly adjacent to the world???s largest ruby deposit discovered by Gemfields PLC (AIM:GEM) in 2012. Since supply of rubies from sources outside Mozambique has become fractured and unreliable, Mustang stands to capitalise on the current demand around the world for ethically produced rubies by becoming a reliable, consistent supplier of high-quality rubies.
The Company is currently fast-tracking its work program on the Montepuez Ruby Project with high priority targets being identified and low-cost bulk sampling well underway.
Mustang also holds interests in seven graphite licences in the Balama area of Mozambique, where it has discovered a Tier-1 high-grade flake graphite deposit at its Caula Project.
Visit the Mustang website at www.mustangresources.com.au for more information.
- Norton Rose Fulbright is a leading global legal practice offering a full business law service to many of the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions. Knowing our clients’ businesses and understanding what drives their industries is fundamental to us.
Our lawyers share industry knowledge and sector expertise across borders, enabling us to support our clients anywhere in the world. Our global footprint spans Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Our mining lawyers advise on large and complex resources projects in Africa having advised on some of the largest and most innovative cross-border mining deals in recent years. In particular, we advise prospective investors in mining assets and associated infrastructure and the owners, contractors and financiers on the development and operations of those assets throughout Africa.
We have a long history of engaging in pro bono activities and providing pro bono legal services. Our work is focused around supporting disadvantaged or marginalised people who cannot afford legal services; non-profit organisations that work on behalf of members of the community who are disadvantaged or marginalised; and public interest matters of broad public or community concern that would not otherwise be pursued.
- Nzuri Copper is an ASX-listed copper-cobalt developer with a project portfolio spanning 350km2 in the world-class Katangan Copperbelt of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
The Company has two projects in the DRC: a near-term production opportunity at the Kalongwe Oxide Copper-Cobalt Project and the Fold and Thrust Belt JV exploration project.
- For prospective vendors or purchasers, Optiro Corporate and Transaction Services include identification, due diligence review, analysis and valuation of mining assets or companies.
Optiro Consultants have assisted many mining industry decision makers in the support, establishment and management of business strategy. Strategic advice has been grounded on a solid understanding of the fundamental drivers of a successful mining business and an appreciation of the technical complications inherent in resource industry projects.
With years of experience in business and finance, we are regularly asked to provide input to corporate decision processes. This input ranges from fatal flaw analysis to diagnostic reviews and acquisition target identification. Optiro has produced risk based probabilistic life of asset value models for clients considering purchase and investment decisions. These analyses have supported valuations that encompass the total risk associated with an acquisition from the technical to operational and commercial risks.
Optiro has undertaken many complex due-diligence reviews and valuations for prospective purchasers of mining assets or companies. Underpinned by the risk management and optimisation focus that is the core of Optiro’s business, we specialise in the evaluation of well priced mining assets commonly referred to as “distressed assets”. By concurrently analysing the mine operations with financial and technical risk as well performing the first stages of optimisation we are able to provide reliable valuation scenarios covering the downside and upside of the pending purchase, enabling you to assess the “what is possible” rather than just the “what is now”.
The key elements of our Transaction Services offering are:
Identification of assets for sale through our networks of mining clients.
Qualification of whether the asset is worth investor consideration and matching to investors.
Optimising asset offerings for the sale process.
Conducting full due-diligence processes through to completion of the Sale and Purchase Agreements.
Services to maximise the value of the asset throughout the holding period to eventual further sale.
- Osprey International is a risk management consultancy, providing a range of assessment, planning, management and training solutions to public and private sector organisations. It is highly experienced in enabling the assessment and mitigation of risk in diverse environments typified by high threat and vulnerability, as well as legislated compliance and corporate governance.
Osprey International was founded in 1998 as OAM and has delivered services throughout Australia, Africa, South East Asia, South West Pacific and the Middle East. Clients have included multinational companies in the mining, exploration, energy and maritime sectors. Osprey International provides a range of services related to the following:
• Risk Management,
• Crisis and Emergency Management,
• Maritime Security, and
• Security Operations.
- Pacific Road Capital Management Pty Ltd (“Pacific Road Capital”) is a Sydney based private equity manager actively investing in mining in Africa, and other parts of the world. Pacific Road Capital provides mining projects with funding for drilling, scoping studies, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, development capital, expansion and buy-out capital. Pacific Road Capital’s team has been involved in mine development, mining operations, project financing and investment in Africa for over 30 years.
Pacific Road Capital recognises that its role, as a major investor in the mining industry, comes with a responsibility to encourage Investee Companies to adopt high standards of environmental stewardship, responsible social development and to encourage transparency and accountability in business practices.
Pacific Road Capital incorporates into its due diligence and investment selection process an assessment of a company’s ability and willingness to manage its business in a socially responsible and accountable manner.
Pacific Road Capital currently has three investments in Africa:
- Mawson West Ltd (TSX:MWE), a TSX listed company producing copper in the Democratic Republic of Congo (AAMIG Member),
- Base Resources Ltd (ASX:BSE), an ASX listed company constructing the Kwale Mineral Sands Project in Kenya (AAMIG Member), and
- Mantle Diamonds Ltd, a UK private company commissioning a diamond mine in Botswana.
- Paydirt Media is a leading resources news media organisation, which publishes two internationally circulating magazines and organises seven resources conferences across three Australian capital cities. The company was established in 1994 and is well-known in the industry for reaching board-level decision makers and investors across the exploration and mining sectors. Paydirt Media publishes its flagship magazine “Australia’s Paydirt” monthly and “Gold Mining Journal” quarterly.
- ASX: PRU
Perseus Mining Limited (“Perseus”) is a West African gold producer and explorer. The company has been operating in Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire since its inception in 2004.
The flagship Edikan Gold Mine is located on the famous Ashanti Gold Belt in Ghana and began commercial production in January 2012. Perseus is currently planning to develop its second mine, the Sissingué Gold Mine in Côte d’Ivoire, with production targeted for mid to late 2014.
The ongoing development of communities in close proximity to operations is a priority for Perseus. Continuous dialogue and regular consultation with stakeholders allows Perseus to identify issues and seek resolutions that are acceptable to the affected communities. In addition to complying with legal requirements and other social requirements relating to compensation and resettlement of affected persons, Perseus is focused on supporting health, education, training and sanitation initiatives as well as cultural events that enhance the sense of community.
At the Edikan Gold Mine, initiatives include the installation of a number of groundwater bores to enable local communities to access clean water, building primary schools at two local villages and refurbishing schools. There is an ongoing scholarship program enabling local youths to attend a technical institute to attain trade skills, plus a variety of books have been donated to local schools allowing community libraries to be established in some villages. Financial management training has also commenced to assist impacted persons in making informed decisions regarding their compensation monies.
In Côte d’Ivoire, the school at the Sissingué Village has been renovated and furnished, water bores have been provided and a dam has been upgraded to increase water storage capacity providing easy access to water for cattle and domestic purposes throughout the dry season.
Perseus has also established a Community Development Fund for the Edikan Gold Mine to which a contribution of GHC 750,000 is made per annum. This fund is administered through a trust by representatives from the local communities who prioritise and select the projects. A similar arrangement will be established for the communities around the Sissingué Gold Mine.
- Prefab Building Solutions is a British and Irish owned full service modular buildings solutions company headquartered in Shanghai, China and with offices in Africa in Harare, Lagos, Mombasa and Nairobi. We possess over 25 years experience in the modular construction and prefabricated buildings sector providing optimised solutions to clients' accommodation needs.nnAt Prefab Building Solutions we provide turnkey solutions for a vast range of prefabricated houses and modular buildings projects. All PBS products can be tailored to suit the special building code requirements of each host country with the aim of providing innovative, industry compliant, cost effective solutions that are capable of rapid deployment and erection.nAs a turnkey service provider Prefab Building Solutions offers support services through design, engineering, manufacturing, project management, procurement, logistics, erection through to commissioning to deliver the right type of accommodation for your project’s needs in any area of Africa today.
- PwC is Australia's leading professional services firm, bringing the power of our global network of firms to help Australian businesses, not-for-profit organisations and governments assess their performance and improve the way they work. We are a member firm of the PwC network, made up of 195,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory, tax & legal, and private clients services.
PwC has the largest network of all the professional services firms on the African continent. We have member firms in 34 African countries and more than 8,500 professional staff. We are market leaders in many of the countries where Australian companies operate.
Our Australia – Africa practice connects Australian companies with our leading African network, supported by an Australian team which understands your business and connects you to partners on the ground where you need it most.
We know that value goes beyond a single engagement or a single result. Value is defined by a relationship — one that is born of an intelligent, engaged, collaborative process. With our African network, our people and experience, we’re ready to help you achieve that value wherever you do business.
CSR Focus Areas
Our sustainability strategy in Africa focuses on three broad areas:
• High impact initiatives that contribute to Africa’s development:
Working with Government, industry and other stakeholders on issues such as promoting corporate governance, job creation and regulatory enhancements.
• Skills development:
Which includes equipping our people and the people of our country with the necessary skills to make a positive contribution to the future growth of our economy.
• Community upliftment projects:
Giving our time and resources to assist communities or identified recipients, for example donations of food or blankets, Christmas parties for underprivileged children etc.
- Relines Australia are a Western Australian owned company providing specialist mill relining labour and equipment to the mining community throughout Australia. nnFor the past decade, we have developed a highly regarded business model to deliver efficient services to our partnered clients. We currently provide the installation, emergency and scheduled maintenance works on all types of Ball, SAG, Rod, Cement and Calcrete mills.n nAs a result of our expertise, Relines Australia has expanded internationally into South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Egypt and throughout South East Asia. This has offered further opportunities to engage and up-skill local communities, on account of our technical, safe and professional workplace culture.n nWith a commitment to building sustainable long term relationships with our clients and employees, our company is focused on initiatives that provide a safe working environment, efficient mill reline and a continual improvement strategy, maximising value and reducing risks for its stakeholders. Our people are the basis of our success and we invest heavily in their growth and development. Keeping our workforce safe and well trained, at all times, is paramount to the foundations on which the Relines Australia business is built upon.
- ASX: RSG
Resolute is an unhedged gold producer with three operating mines in Africa and Australia – including the Golden Pride mine in Tanzania and the Company’s new flagship, Syama gold project in Mali. The Company is the second largest gold producer by volume listed on the ASX.
Resolute has over 16 years experience in African countries. Since the mid 1990′s, the Company has approached mining in Africa with a view towards promoting and assisting sustainable development and not dependence with its local communities.
Resolute believes that all stakeholders, in one way or another, contribute to the Company’s ability to sustain its activities in a harmonious manner within the community and environment. As such, the Company’s approach to Corporate Social Investment (CSI) is underpinned by direct communication and dialogue with Governments and communities of interest, drawing on competencies of our in-country teams and the leadership of senior personnel who are citizens of the countries in which we are engaged. This enables us to ensure our CSI is timely, relevant and wherever possible, an investment for the longer term.
As part of its commitment to CSI, Resolute has supported host Governments and local communities in the construction of schools and medical clinics, the training of farmers and trades peoples and small business enterprise.
Resolute believes that its participation in AAMIG will help build on the non-technical capacities and positive perceptions of Australian Mining Companies in African countries. It will therefore give confidence to African Governments and local communities that Resolute is a preferred company to invite into mining development activities and ventures.
Our Project- Successful CRS programs deliver more than money can measure in Tanzania
- I’ve been a mining engineer for 30 plus years, splitting my time between operations, studies and most recently community relations management, falling into the social side when I went to Ghana ten years ago. Post graduate CR management study at University of Queensland, a couple of years in Madagascar and a series of short term assignments in Brazil, Canada, Ghana (again), Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Saudi Arabia and Uganda round out my community relations management portfolio. I am looking to share what I have seen, done and learned – mostly it must be said through trial and error. The way I see it, companies wanting to manage their social risk and systematically address the social challenges faced by their projects have the best chance of succeeding if they stay focused on the three company actions that determine social acceptance – behaving appropriately, taking accountability for project impacts and sharing the benefits as locally and as fairly as possible. I try to be pragmatic and like to think I have something useful and sensible to offer. I also hope that I can demonstrate that addressing the social aspects of business is not quite as hard as it might seem and that it is worth having a crack at doing it better.
- At Royal Equipment, we are committed to customer satisfaction and service, providing you with the highest level of Return on Investment. The benefits of The Royal Advantage are clear; we provide you with the right products, at the right time, for the right price, delivered anywhere in the world.
We specialize in the remanufacture of heavy equipment; haul trucks, shovels, loaders, and gensets. We also have unique expertise in remanufacturing GE Electric Drive Propulsion Systems (including GE Wheel Motors, Alternators, Generators, Motors & Blowers with matching electrical Control Systems). We supply new and used mining parts for the biggest names in the business including Bucyrus/Erie, Hitachi, Komatsu/Haulpak, LeTourneau, Liebherr/Wiseda, Marion, P&H, Unit Rig, and O&K. Royal has embarked on our latest program in upgrading electric drive haulage trucks to GE AC propulsion systems.
- RTG Mining Inc. (“RTG”) is a British Virgin Islands-incorporated company listed on the main board of the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) and the Australian Securities Exchange (“ASX”), with the ticker code RTG. RTG is focused on developing the high grade copper/gold/magnetite Mabilo Project and advancing exploration on the highly prospective Bunawan Project, both in the Philippines, while also identifying major new projects which will allow the company to move quickly and safely to production.
RTG merged in early June 2014 with Sierra Mining Limited (“Sierra”), an exploration company, holding several key advanced copper/gold projects in the Philippines. The resultant entity is led by the RTG management team who have the proven exploration, mine development and operating experience in the Philippines to progress Sierra’s Mabilo and Bunawan Projects. RTG is led by the previous management team of CGA Mining Limited which developed the Masbate Gold Project in the Philippines and successfully merged with B2Gold Corp. in a US$1.1bn scheme of arrangement in January 2013. The RTG Board comprises Michael Carrick (Chairman), Justine Magee (President and CEO), Phil Lockyer, David Cruse and Rob Scott. (Non Executive Directors).
The Mabilo Project is a potentially high grade polymetallic development project, with a direct shipping opportunity in the early years of operation which would strongly mitigate the need for development capital. Mabilo is a near-surface deposit, and it is anticipated that the newly combined company will be well positioned to further explore and develop the mineral potential of the area in the near-term. The Bunawan Project is a highly prospective high grade gold exploration project, situated contiguous to the existing high grade Co-O mine owned by Medusa Mining Limited.
In October 2013, RTG sold its interest in the Mkushi Copper Project in Zambia for consideration of US$13.1m, including US$6.6m in shares of Elephant Copper Limited and a convertible note due in January 2015 for US$6.5m. RTG has also entered into a sale agreement for its interest in the Segilola Gold Project in Nigeria to the current joint venture partner for a total consideration of US$14m, with US$1m due on completion, US$5m due in 18 months after completion and a 3% net smelter royalty, under which up to a maximum of US$8m may be paid to RTG. The sale also resolves the existing dispute with the current joint venture partner. Completion is anticipated in the next couple of months.
- • Sahara is an established African focused Mining Services Company. Sahara professional personnel have been providing specialist mining services internationally since 2010 and are accredited with all major international stock exchanges. Sahara provide a range of mining services which are detailed on our website www.saharaminingservices.com
• Sahara is headquartered in UAE (Dubai), with operational bases in Brazil, West Africa and Australia.
• Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE)
• Sahara has a long history operating in Sub Saharan Africa. Sahara never compromises on HSSE. Sahara partners with globally accredited and local experts in ensuring the health, safety and security of all personnel and equipment. Sahara has a strategic partnership with MS Risk, an international security consultancy specialising in all areas of risk management and security internationally. (www.msrisk.com)
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• Sahara CSR policy monitors and ensures its active compliance with the spirit of the law, ethical standards and national and international norms. Our goal is to increase long-term profits and shareholder trust through positive public relations and high ethical standards to reduce business and legal risk by taking responsibility for corporate actions. Our strategies encourage Sahara to make a positive impact on the environment and stakeholders including consumers, employees, investors, communities, and others.
Sahara provide the following services “on the ground” in West Africa
• Exploration Project Management
• Surveying (Mine and Civil)
• Drilling (Auger, RAB/Air Core, Diamond-UG)
• Geotechnical (SPT and CPT drill units)
• Hydrogeology and Geophysics
• Consulting /Studies (PEA/PFS/BFS) / Due Diligence / Audits / NI43-101 / JORC / QP / CP
• Operational Improvement (Grade Control and Mine Management Systems, Telematics)
• Training (Surpac, Mapinfo/Discover, Hydro, Structural Geology ++ )
• Security (JV with www.msrisk.com)
• Corporate (Tax, Accounting, HR, Virtual Office, Visa)
- Woods & Associates is a Western Australian owned independent broking house that was established by Managing Director Simon Woods, to provide clients bespoke solutions delivered expertly, with honesty and integrity.
We are one of a few privately owned independent insurance brokers capable of providing complex and international insurance solutions to the mining sector. This is enhanced by our relationship with our London wholesale broker, Price Forbes and Partners (Price Forbes).
Our independence is treasured. This independence provides us with the ability to do what is best for our clients as we are not dictated to by shareholders or ultimate owners in the USA or UK and can react quickly, proactively and efficiently to changing client needs. We are also able to choose ‘best in class’ global partners like Price Forbes..
While this international capability and our independence sets us apart from our competitors, our experience is also uniquely relevant to AAMEG members.
Our team has the in-depth technical and global marketing skills to provide tailored solutions to AAMEG members. Our skill set is defined by the best industry standards and it is our entrepreneurial capabilities that deliver exceptional solutions.
We will support AAMEG members throughout the lifecycle of insurance policies (including claims service) by offering informed opinions and recommendations on all relevant insurance issues specific to mining in Africa.
Specifically, we understand the requirements and idiosyncrasies of mining in Africa as we are and have been the brokers to Base Resources from their inception.
- isting on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1987, Sipa Resources Limited (ASX Code: SRI) is a Perth-based Australian gold, base metals and nickel exploration company with a proven track record.
Sipa in the 1990s found the Panorama Copper-Zinc VMS Province and the Ashburton Gold Province, where the company produced profitable gold to mid 2004 from its discoveries.
- SAA is the leading airline in Africa with the most comprehensive network reaching all major mining and resources centres. SAA flies between Perth and Johannesburg with same-day connections to 24 African countries and major cities in South Africa.
SAA has seen consistent traffic and opportunity on route as mining and mining services companies increase activity in Africa.
Both ASX-listed and private companies have a renewed focus on African projects and investments particularly as local investment has weakened as a result of the decline of Australia’s mining boom.
SAA’s flight from Perth departs at 11.45 pm and arrives into Johannesburg at 5.10 am the next morning South African time. This means customers can connect with any flight in South Africa and other African centres on the same day without spending up to 24 hours in Johannesburg and meaning they reach their ultimate destination with only one stop.
SAA has a codeshare agreement with Virgin Australia that allows passengers from all Australian cities to connect easily into and out of Perth.
SAA’s strategic intent is to continue as the leading carrier to and within Africa and the airline has been investing in new and enhanced routes and new aircraft to meet business customer needs.
Specifically for the mining industries SAA has opened up new routes and enhanced capacity in the last year to locations like Ndola in Zambia, Luanda in Angola, Windhoek in Namibia and Harare in Zimbabwe as well as within South Africa itself. West Africa is increasingly an opportunity for SAA and is assessing potential expansion to this fast-growing region.
For more information on SAA flights and reservations please call 1300 435 972 or see www.flysaa.com.au.
- ASX: SDL
Sundance Resources (“Sundance”) is an international iron ore exploration and development company building a global iron ore business in Central Africa.
Sundance’s flagship asset is the Mbalam-Nabeba Iron Ore Project, based around a group of large-scale iron ore deposits spanning the border between Cameroon and the Republic of Congo.
The Mbalam-Nabeba project scope includes:
• The mining of 35 million tonnes per annum.
• The construction of mines at Mbalam in Cameroon and at Yangadou in Congo.
• The construction of railways, including 510km to transport iron ore from Mbalam to the deep sea port of Kribi and a 70km connecting railway line from Nabeba.
• The construction of an iron ore export terminal in Kribi deep sea port in Cameroon.
The development of the Mbalam-Nabeba Project will bring significant economic, financial and social benefits for the people of both countries including:
• Over 10,000 direct and indirect jobs expected to be generated.
• Development of business opportunities for local communities.
• Billion dollar revenues for both countries through taxes, royalties and dividends (over the operating life of the mine).
Sundance plans to establish an environmental and social fund with the aim at reducing poverty, protecting the environment and indigenous people, as well as contributing to the development of social programs and infrastructures. Once in production, Sundance will contribute 0.75% of the company’s net profit after tax to this fund.
Sundance Resources is currently involved in an acquisition process by China’s Hanlong (Africa) Mining Ltd, which is expected to be completed later this year.
- ASX: TGS
Tiger Resources Limited is an Australian-based company, focussed on the discovery and development of high-grade copper and cobalt deposits in the world-renowned Katanga Copperbelt, in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Africa. After making the transition from exploration to production, Tiger is strategically placed incorporating a highly rated portfolio of properties and excellent growth potential.
As part of feasibility studies when first entering the DRC, Tiger, through the framework of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals and a process of community engagement, identified infant mortality and maternal health as key concerns of the local communities.
Tiger recognised a need to respond to these concerns and in collaboration with Edith Cowan University’s (ECU) School of Nursing and Midwifery in Perth, has developed a program called the Raising Infant Health and Maternal Outcomes Program (RIHMOP).
A collaborative approach involving Tiger , ECU and AAMIG is expected to deliver lasting value to all, particularly the people in the communities in the vicinity of Tiger’s operations in DRC. It will help local communities develop the capacity to sustain higher standards of living, not only during the life of the mine, but for long after the end-of-mine life.
Our Project- Raising Infant Health and Maternal Outcomes in the DRC
- The University of Western Australia (“UWA”) provides education, research and professional development courses to Australian and International students.
UWA has educated students from over 18 different Africa countries. We have extensively partnered with African Institutions to provide professional development courses and research in Botswana, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Reunion, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Major research initiatives exist in Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Built for the community over 100 years ago to provide education, research and professional development, UWA takes its corporate social responsibility very seriously. The University subscribes to a code of ethics, laws, regulation, equity, diversity, policies and procedures to ensure that students, staff and the broader community are included, secure and have access to the services of the University. In particular, UWA adheres to a code of conduct for the responsible practice of research and general principles.
- For more than 110 years, Curtin’s Western Australian School of Mines (“WASM”) has earned a global reputation for excellence in mining education and research. WASM is located in the heart of Australia’s mining industry, Kalgoorlie-Boulder, and at the Curtin Bentley Campus in Perth.
WASM’s innovative undergraduate and postgraduate programs combine theory with practice to ensure students are career-ready upon graduation. Courses are available in mining engineering, metallurgical engineering, extractive metallurgy, applied geology, mine and engineering surveying, spatial sciences, and exploration geophysics. WASM collaborates with the Curtin Graduate Business School to deliver world-leading programs in mineral and energy economics.
Research opportunities leading to masters by research, and doctoral degrees include active collaboration with many African Universities. Short-term industry-focused training courses are offered throughout the year. WASM in partnership with Education and Training International (an agency of the WA Government) currently delivers “Mining Regulation and Management”, a short course for AusAID aimed at up-skilling African Government staff in Mines and other relevant ministries.
WASM commits a lot of time and resources to assisting with the development of mining education across Africa, including advice on curricula, donation of resources and visiting lecturers.
- Walkabout is an ASX listed Junior Explorer based in Perth but exploring and working exclusively in Africa at this time. The Company is currently undergoing development of its Lindi Jumbo Graphite Project in south eastern Tanzania. The Company also has a JORC 2004 Resource for thermal coal in Botswana and applications for Litium tenements in Namibia.
The development strategy adopted by the Company at the 70% held Lindi Jumbo Graphite Project is to fast track a modest graphite operation into production ahead of other aspiring producers and in so doing, capitalize on expected market shortages of Jumbo and Super Jumbo natural flake graphite.
Enormous follow up and expansion potential exists at the property and regional exploration across the tenement package has returned several further zones of high grade outcrop ready for follow up exploration. The high grade graphite endowment from this area demonstrates high quality, large and jumbo flake graphite which commands a premium price in the market.
The Project has a JORC 2012 Inferred Resource of 15.3 million tonnes at 10.1% Total Graphitic Carbon (TGC) including a high grade core of 2.6 million tonnes at 20.6% TGC.
Further details on the Company’s project can be found on its website: www.wkt.com.au
- Whittle Consulting enables mining companies to transform their economic performance by applying Best Practices in Enterprise Optimisation. We work collaboratively with clients and their mining and processing engineers to develop long-term plans that accelerate cash returns, increasing Net Present Value by 5% to 35%, whilst achieving sustainability outcomes.
Whittle Consulting operates in Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe, North & South America and work together with the largest resource companies in the world [i.e. Rio Tinto, Peabody Energy, Newmont, Barrick, Anglo Platinum, Glencore] as well as junior or midcap companies [i.e. Ivanhoe, Avanti, Perseus, Mwana, Minara]
Whittle Consulting together with our clients craft Strategic Planning schedules for mining, processing, product mix / specification and capital that lead to significantly increased early cash flows in years 1-8 in a project or operation.
Whittle Consulting measures the impact of our plans in terms of in hundreds of millions of dollars, which allows our clients to:
• Survive cyclical downturns in commodity prices
• Develop strategies for addressing market, technical, political and environmental threats and events
• Increase exploration expenditure and invest in profitable expansion projects
• Quickly turn poor performing assets into cash generating opportunities
- Woodside is Australia’s largest independent oil and gas company with world-class facilities and a history of achievement. We believe that our long-term success depends not only on the oil and gas we produce, but on doing what’s right.
As we aspire to become a global leader in upstream oil and gas, we are guided by the Woodside Compass. The Compass links Woodside’s core values – respect, integrity, working sustainably, working together, discipline and excellence – with our vision, mission and strategic direction.
Woodside has an extensive portfolio of facilities which we operate on behalf of some of the world’s major oil and gas companies.
We have been operating the landmark Australian project, the North West Shelf, since 1984 and it remains one of the world’s premier liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities.
With the successful start-up of the Pluto LNG Plant in 2012, Woodside now operates six of the seven LNG processing trains in Australia.
Woodside also operates four oil floating production storage and offloading vessels in the Carnarvon Basin, North West Shelf and Timor Sea. This is the largest owner-operated fleet in Australia with an excellent track record of efficiently and safely producing from current fields.
Driven by our world-class capabilities, we are committed to expanding our LNG portfolio through premium developments including the Browse Floating LNG (FLNG) Development.
Additionally, we are seeking to expand our exploration portfolio, both within Australia and globally, to generate future growth opportunities for the company.
We remain focused on strengthening our relationships with customers, co-venturers, governments and communities to ensure we are a partner of choice, and attain our vision of becoming a global leader in oil and gas.